Here is a fun DIY project to recycle your old CDs and make a cute little storage basket. It is very easy to make and requires just a little bit of sewing. You can use different patterns of the wrapping fabric and ornaments to create your own style. This cute little storage basket is very practical. You can use it as a cosmetic bag to organize your beauty accessories. Or you can use it to store candies, chocolates, sewing accessories and many other small items. With some creativity and patience, we can reuse something that we are going to get rid of, such as old CDs, and make something useful. Let’s try it!
Here are the supplies you may need:
- Old CDs;
- Cotton or polyester fillings;
- Needle and thread;
- Cut two pieces of fabric circles with diameter 25 cm.
- Place two CDs in between the two fabric circles and sew the edge.
- Divide the extra fabric into eight equal parts and sew from the middle outwards.
- Stuff the polyester fillings inside.
- Use thicker thread to sew the edges.
- While you are sewing, gently tighten the thread and pull up the edges.
- After you are done with sewing and pulling up all the edges, take a fabric scrap, about 2 cm wide and 30 cm long, to use as the edging of the storage basket.
- Now let’s make the cover of the storage basket.
- Cut a piece of fabric circle with diameter 12 cm.
- Place a CD on the fabric circle and sew the edge.
- Pull the thread and tighten.
- Sew the lace around the edge of the cover.
- Sew a large bead on the cover.
- Use your favorite ornaments to decorate the storage basket. Enjoy!