It’s often easier to tie a ribbon flower bow with a little device. For example, you can tie a tiny ribbon bow easily with the help of a fork. If you want to tie a more complicated ribbon flower bow, you can use a piece of template, as shown in this tutorial. Isn’t that cool? Now you don’t have excuse that you don’t know how to make a beautiful ribbon bow. It’s great for gift packaging or home decoration. Let’s try it!
Here are the supplies you may need:
- Satin ribbon with colors of your choices;
- Template made with cardboard or card stock paper;
- Needle and thread;
- Hot glue gun.
1. Cut out the template on a piece of cardboard in the star shape as shown in the pictures. Make a hole in the middle of the template.
2. Wrap the satin ribbon around the template.
3. Sew the end of the ribbon in the middle of the template to secure.
4. Carefully take out the template from the ribbon flower.
5. Glue or sew beads and other ornaments in the middle of the ribbon flower bow.
6. If you want the flower bow look more bountiful, just wrap more rounds of ribbon to make more layers and stack them together by sewing or gluing. Enjoy!
The following is a similar project to make ribbon bow with cardboard. Hopefully you will get inspired to create an easy ribbon flower bow. Happy crafting!