It’s really easy to make a nice pencil holder with some recycled materials, such as empty toilet paper rolls and a corrugated shipping box which you can easily obtain from online shopping. The most fun part is the decoration, which the little kids can help with. There is no set rule for that. It’s all about your imagination and creativity. I am sure the kids will enjoy doing that. This beautiful pencil holder will make a nice desktop organizer to put your stationery in place on your desk. Happy crafting!
Here are the supplies you may need:
- Empty toilet paper rolls;
- Corrugated shipping box;
- Yellow acrylic paint;
- Ornaments: scrapbook paper or wrapping paper, beads, buttons, stickers, paper flowers, sequins, lace, ribbon, etc.
- Paint the box in yellow color and let it dry completely.
- Place the empty toilet paper rolls inside. The number of the empty toilet paper rolls depends on the size of the box. Make sure they fit in the box tightly.
- Use your creativity and imagination to decorate the outside of the box with all the beautiful and colorful ornaments that you have.
- Place the box on your desk and enjoy!
The followings are a few more DIY ideas to make pencil holders from toilet paper rolls. Hopefully you will get inspired to create your own. Enjoy!