Apple rose buds wrapped in crispy dough? What a nice presentation of food! Here is a nice recipe for you to make some apple rose puff pastry. They are very beautiful and delicious. They are great for parties, afternoon tea, baby showers and a lot of other occasions when you want to enjoy a nice looking and tasty dessert. They are easy and quick to prepare. Let’s get started!
- 250 g puff pastry dough (pre-thawed);
- Two red apples;
- Three tablespoons of sugar;
- Powered sugar for dusting;
- Cut apples into thin slices (about 2 mm in thickness).
- Pour 200 ml of water into a pot and bring to boil. Add sugar and the apple slices and boil for 2-3 minutes. Then drain the water.
- Roll the thawed dough to a thickness of 1-2 mm and cut into strips of 3 cm wide and 25-30 cm long.
- Put 5 pieces of apple slices on the strip of dough, as shown in the picture, and wrap the dough strip into a tube, forming a beautiful rose. Tuck the bottom of the dough inside.
- Place the apple roses on baking sheet and put in the oven preheated at 200 degree. Bake for 30 minutes.
- When cool off, sprinkle with powdered sugar using a strainer.
The apple rose puff pastry is ready to serve. Enjoy!