Do you want to add a sweet touch to your backyard with some handmade garden crafts? Here is a nice DIY project to make beautiful mosaic tile garden stepping stones. These stepping stones are so unique with a variety of bright colors and shapes of mosaic tiles. They are actually simple to make. Make a beautiful garden path with these mosaic stepping stones and it will become a spotlight in your garden. Enjoy!
Here are the materials and tools you may need:
- A plastic basin;
- Mosaic tiles;
- Kraft paper;
- PVA glue diluted with water in a ratio of 1:1;
- Sketch (with a diameter equal to the bottom of the basin);
- Grout (prepared immediately before pouring).
1. Cut a piece of kraft paper according to the shape of the plastic wash basin and sketch your design or pattern of stepping stones on it.
2. Place the mosaic tiles on the paper according to the sketch until all the paper is covered and you have an idea of how it looks. For each tile, apply glue to the front side of it and glue it upside down on the paper according to the sketch, so the back side of the tile is actually facing up. (The photo does not show this step and it still seems that the front side is facing up. I am sorry for this confusion).
3. After the glue is dry, place the kraft paper with mosaic tile side facing up in the basin. You can oil the inside of the basin to facilitate the release of the cement. Mix together concrete and water in another container as per the instructions of the concrete and pour liquid cement inside the basin to your desired length (about 2.5 to 3 cm).
4. Flatten the surface and leave to dry for a day or two away from the sun.
5. Take out the mold from the basin and remove the kraft paper.
6. Clean the remains of the kraft paper and glue.
7. For better result, wrap each tile in a plastic bag for final drying. Wait for about a week.
8. Enjoy these beautiful stepping stones that you create with your own hands!
Looking for other ideas to make a DIY stepping stone? Check out the following 30 beautiful DIY stepping stone ideas to decorate your garden.