There are many creative ways to re-purpose plastic bottles into some useful household items. Here is an awesome DIY project to make a broom from plastic bottles. Isn’t that cool? The idea is to cut the bottles into strips, stack them together and then attach to a stick. This is a great project that you can show your kids a perfect example of recycling.
- Remove the label on the plastic bottle.
- Remove the bottom of the bottle with a penknife.
- Measure the distance between each cut (about 1 cm).
- Cut the bottle into strips.
- Remove the neck with penknife.
- Cut the top of another bottle.
- Fitting parts without the neck, one by one over the part with neck.
- Fit the top over the base of the broom.
- Drill two holes and insert the wire through all layers of bottles.
- Pull the wire to the other side.
- Twist the ends to fasten.
- Secure parts with a nail.
- Your broom is ready!!
Check out the video tutorial on how to make this awesome plastic bottle broom…