Autumn is the season full of colors! As the leaves of the trees in front of your house start to change color and fall, you may collect some of these beautiful Autumn foliage, such as maple leaves, to bring the look of colorful leaves from outdoor into your home. Here is a nice DIY project to make a beautiful maple leaf rose by Nicole Duke. What a creative idea to use one natural plant to express another because the texture of the maple leaves makes the rose look so unique and vivid. This maple leaf rose makes a chic seasonal decor for home. Happy crafting!
Here are the things you may need:
- Colorful maple leaves or other fall leaves that you collected;
- Floral tape;
- Floral wire or craft wire;
1. Fold the leave in half horizontally.
2. Fold the leaf in half again, vertically.
3. Roll the leaf tightly in a spiral curve to make the core of the rose.
4. Take another leaf and fold it in half as in step 1. Then wrap it around the core of the rose. You may repeat the same steps of wrapping with folded leaves to make more layers until you have a big enough bud of the rose.
5. Take an unfolded leaf and wrap it around the bud. Repeat with 3 to 4 leaves to create the petals of the rose.
6. Secure the base of the rose with floral wire and floral tape. Now this beautiful maple leaf rose is ready. Enjoy!
There are many creative ways to make beautiful roses from Autumn leaves. The followings are a few more Autumn leaf flower crafts projects that were featured on our site. Hopefully they will be inspirational for you to create your own maple leaf flowers. Enjoy!