There are many creative ways to make a beautiful fabric flower. Here is a nice DIY project to make flowers with narrow satin ribbon. It’s actually one of the easiest way to make fabric flowers. All you need to do is to make ribbon loops and glue them together to make layers of petals. You don’t even need to use needle and thread. You can choose your favorite colors of satin ribbon and number of layers to create your own style. The ribbon flower made in this way looks very pretty, like a blooming flower. You can use it for brooches, hair accessories, ornaments on bags, hats, clothes, cushions, belts, shoes or incorporate it in other crafts projects. Happy crafting!
What you need:
- Narrow satin ribbon of various colors;
- Ornaments: beads, ribbon flowers, etc.
How to do:
- Cut the narrow satin ribbon in strips about 5.5 cm long.
- For each strip, make a loop to connect both ends and secure with glue. This will be the petal of the flower, which is about 2 cm long.
- Continue to make more petals as we will need 13 petals for each layer.
- Take a round piece of cardboard and glue the first layer of petals around the edge of it.
- Continue to make the second layer, third layer…until your desired number of layers.
- There are two ways to make the layers of petals. The first one is that the number of petals in each layer is the same. For example, there are 13 petals in each layer of the white flower shown in the pictures. The second one is that the number of petals decreases for each layer. For example, the number of petals for each layer of the pink flower shown in the pictures is as follows: 1st layer, 15 petals; 2nd layer, 15 petals; 3rd layer, 13 petals; 4th layer, 11 petals; 5th layer, 10 petals; 6th layer, 9 petals; 7th layer, 8 petals. And you can use narrower satin ribbon when it comes to higher layer.
- Decorate the center of the flower with beads, another fabric flower and other ornaments. Enjoy!
You may also like this beautiful satin ribbon rosette.